<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Bridal Shows

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bridal Shows


Hey everyone! I'm back with a Wedding Wednesday post. Do you guys notice the new blog design?? I am so happy with it, and was ready for a blog change! These past few weeks have been so crazy, and finals are quickly approaching...not fun. Anyway I went to a bridal show this past Sunday with my mom, and I wanted to share with all of you!

wedding Wednesday


This is my first bridal show I have ever attended, but I have been around weddings a lot in my life. When we lived in Vegas my mom worked for a really nice company that coordinated weddings. I would sometimes work the front desk on weekends and get to see all of the people nicely dressed, with their fancy food and hope one day I get to have a wedding that beautiful. Now that I am in the midst of planning our wedding I can honestly say I am overwhelmed. Joe and I both work, a lot - and I have a full class schedule as well. I was so excited to get out there with my mom and start buckling down on this planning thing. 

If you've read my wedding checklist, you'd see we still have so much to do. We are about five months away and still don't have a photographer or even an officiant - which I'm pretty positive those are important. We even have our cake already booked, why the cake took priority over the person marrying us...i'm not sure. 

bridal show

The bridal show was at our local town museum and it was the most perfect weather to be outdoors. We went around to each booth, but it is very hard to talk to people about their services when 100-200 other people want to do the same thing. We drank some champagne (or whatever) was in the Dixie cup and had a good time. I found several vendors that I plan on using, and even spoke with an officiant that Joe and I are going to set up a meeting with soon! I'd say the day was pretty successful and very informative. 


bridal show
I fell in love with this table set up

Tips:

  • Bring water if it is outdoors (They charged for water)
  • Make printed labels with your name (& fiance) address, wedding date, and phone number (if you want) these came in handy, you will be filling out a lot of information for giveaways and booths that it is so much easier with the labels. 
  • Wear comfortable shoes
  • Take a friend, sister, or your mom for help and advice



Joe and I  attended a showcase last night as well, which I will talk about soon too!

From my married ladies - did you hire a DJ and if so was it worth the money? Any other tips?




Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At April 30, 2014 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

I remember going to a bridal show a few months after I was engaged and I was overwhelmed! Yes, to brining water and a friend! That table set up is gorgeous! Have fun with the planning!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Oh PS - We did hire a DJ and it was worth the money, but definitely shop around and hire someone that meshes with your personalities. Make sure to send them your DO NOT PLAY list and a song list of song you def want!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

This bridal show looks like a lot of fun! I love that it was outdoors!

We booked a DJ for our wedding and I think it's good money spent. Not only will they keep the party going, but they can help with ceremony music, introductions, letting people knnow what's going on, etc. Definitely shop around - they can be pricey!

When are you getting married?!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Morgan Sparks said...

How fun!! These next five months will fly by. Try your best not to stress. Everything will get done and it will be beautiful! Enjoy every last minute!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Yes they can be really pricey! We are getting married October 11th of this year!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Morgan! I still can't wait to see your pictures.

 
At April 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thanks for the advice! I feel it would really be worth it too.

 
At April 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM , Blogger crazyperfectlife said...

I really hope we have some bridal shows around my area soon!!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that I realllly wish I was there to help plan your wedding? :)

I highly recommend a DJ. The apps to create your own playlist and just have it play are nice and cheaper, but for a few hundred you can still get a really good DJ, Then last minute you can change your mind and add or remove a song no problem. Another big thing with a DJ is most of the time they will be your emcee for announcing the bridal party, your first dance, bouquet toss, etc, etc. I find that to be the most important thing, make sure they have a timeline for when everything is supposed to happen, and then even if things get pushed back, they will know what to do when.

 
At May 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so fun! My mom is actually having her second wedding this July so I perhaps I can take her to a bridal show as a post-mothers day present (not that I forget to get her something ....)

I also definitely recommend getting a wedding DJ -- I just featured a professional DJ on my blog http://www.storymixmedia.com/weddingmix/blog/2014/05/wedding-reception-how-to-pick-a-wedding-dj/

and he totally had me convinced! Maybe check the post out to see if a DJ is right for your event?

 
At May 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

That was my biggest tip to bring Labels! So much easier!
Our coordinator gave us that helpful tip and now I've told future brides to do the same :)

Showered With Design

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home