<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Wedding Wednesday - Who's gonna marry us?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wedding Wednesday - Who's gonna marry us?

It's officially been over a week since my last post, and I'm glad to be back for wedding Wednesday. Unfortunately this post has no pretty pictures or any great ideas, but it's a true story and I wanted to share. 

Who's going to marry us? Well that's a good question considering we only have five months until our wedding. I've been a little picky about our officiant and here's why..

Have you ever went into a business with the money in your account ready to put down a deposit, and then get totally let down? Well that's what happened to us last night..

A few weeks ago when I attended a bridal show with my mom I received a business card from a very nice lady who is a wedding officiant. Her booth was set up very nicely and she seemed like a good fit. Since we aren't members of a church at the moment I thought I would set up an appointment to talk about our vision for our ceremony and go over the details. I email the women and we set the appointment. Joe and I are always a little early so we showed up about 30 minutes early thinking we could just look around before our appointment. When we arrived the door was locked, the lights were off, and all that you could identify that we were even in the correct place was a little paper sign with the name of the business on it.. So we waited. 

I don't mind waiting, but when I wait for a doctors appointment usually I'm indoors and in a chair waiting. Not here. We were waiting outside in 99 degree weather - and I wish I were exaggerating. Our appointment time came and went so I decide to email the women to make sure she was coming. No response. 

Finally a lady shows up that is not the same person I met at the bridal show, and this lady seems rushed. It takes her trying about ten different keys before she can figure out how to open the door. Mind you, we still didn't receive an apology for being late. She lets us in the doorway and I see that the business is very filthy. I'm talking dust bunnies - buy a swiffer or something! She doesn't even ask us to sit down and talk, we just stand in the doorway. Finally she asks why we were here....at this point I am ready to leave. I mean really?? She literally just stood there and asked absolutely no questions regarding our wedding before I asked if she had a brochure of prices and details - guess what? They didn't have any. I politely told this women that we are not interested and we are leaving, and she didn't seem to care one bit. 

Rant over. 

Moral of the story is, make sure you check out everyone you use for your wedding - and be picky!! Don't settle for people who aren't passionate about what they are doing or don't seem to care about your special day. Some people I have emailed don't even want to meet in person before the wedding, no way I'm falling for that. 

I will definitely be meeting personally from now on before signing any contracts or putting down any type of deposit. Customer service is everything! We're meeting with a photographer this Friday, so cross your fingers!

Any brides out there have problems with vendors or people involved in your wedding?



NC Belle in Boots


Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At May 14, 2014 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Morgan Sparks said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened. Try not to stress, you will find the perfect person to marry you and your (soon to be) husband!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

Oh wow gf, that is rough! I agree though, definitely meet with them!
I had a few who said they generally don't meet, and I said no thanks!
Personality and being passionate about what they do means a whole lot!
Make sure you connect with them so you know your wedding will flow nicely!
Good luck on your next appt!
Showered With Design

 
At May 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

Boo on that, but at least you found on sooner rather than later!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Becca said...

I have a couple of stories about vendors. But yeah, you made the right decision. The second they seem flaky, GET OUT. As far as an officiant, I'd definitely start asking people you know who married them. A lot of preachers will do it even if you aren't a member of their church (although they might encourage you to visit), but if you don't want a religious ceremony, I'd still be looking up reviews and asking people I know!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry this happened!! My mom is a wedding officiant, I think this is more reason for me to come help you plan your wedding ;)

 
At May 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I sure hope so! Thanks Morgan!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I know, it's so weird to me that people don't want to meet before but it's really important to us to know the person doing it.

 
At May 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Definitely!! I will keep searching until I find the perfect one!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Oh boy...I can only imagine. I just like you said want to make sure they aren't flaky or they have a good personality!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I wish!!! That would be so awesome! I'm sure if I still lived in Vegas I know I would have no trouble finding good vendors since my mom worked at a wedding company haha.

 
At May 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's such a relief to hear about other people's wedding challenges! I just got engaged and am feeling a little overwhelmed! We also went to a bridal show recently and I just felt cheap coming out of it - I was so horrified! Good luck with an officiant, you'll find someone!

Jenna from Visions of Vogue

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home