<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: All About Engagement Pictures

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

All About Engagement Pictures


If you follow me on any and all social media (and if you don't, well why not?) then you would know that we received our engagement pictures! You may have already seen some of the pictures from the second I got those babies in my hand, but I didn't share the majority until today. I also thought I would write some tips for taking engagement photos because I was a nervous wreck the days leading up to actually taking the pictures. So here are some pictures, and some tips for my fellow brides to be. 

engagement pictures

1. Be comfortable - This was huge for us, we are not ones to be overly fancy and I didn't want to fake that in our pictures at all. I wanted our pictures to be completely 100% true to our personality and styles. We got started at 7 am before the heat was unbearable to take pictures, and even at 7 am it was pretty warm. Don't wear anything that will make you look and feel uncomfortable, its not worth it.

2. Go with the flow - Being the control freak that I am, sometimes I can be a little afraid to look silly (only in front of people I'm not comfortable with) or do things without planning first. I had to let go big time. Let your photographer lead the way because hopefully they'll know what they are doing.
engagement pictures

3. Bring an outfit change - I knew that I wanted to wear a casual dress and something even more casual. Once again, go by your own personal style though. When you look on pinterest you sometimes see these elaborate outfits with perfect high heels that these girls are wearing, and that's just not me at all. I wanted to have two outfits that I knew would work best for me. By the way - I had to change in our blazing hot car for the second outfit change into my jeans and you could totally tell I was a little wiped out after that. 

october wedding


4. Bring supplies - I packed like I was going on a weekend trip when going to take these pictures. I was equipped with bobby pins, my makeup, chapstick, water, and anything else you might need. We were about 20-30 minutes out of town so I brought things to freshen up in the middle.

how to take engagement pictures

What was your experience with taking engagement photos, or how are you looking forward to them?


Linking up for Wedding Wednesday!



Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Blake's Everyday Adventures said...

So pretty! I'm not engaged (yet!), so I haven't taken any engagement photos. But my sister and I took college graduation photos since we graduated at the same time. I thought I would be super uncomfortable with a photographer, but I just kept reminding myself to remain calm and relaxed. They turned out well!

 
At July 16, 2014 at 8:38 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you so much! I was so nervous too, but actually taking pictures with someone your really close with helps to relax you! Thanks for stopping by.

 
At July 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Becca said...

I love your photos! And the dress. Mine were kind of a surprise, so... no preparing for me! haha

 
At July 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

You're so kind. That sounds exciting, no nerves at least!

 
At July 17, 2014 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of your photos!!! I can't wait to have ours done, I just started looking for outfits and it is so hard to choose!

 
At July 19, 2014 at 10:51 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Macy! It is really hard to find outfits!

 
At July 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Katie said...

These are really cute!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home