<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: My 9 to 5 | Total Social

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My 9 to 5 | Total Social

This months topic of the total social is #9to5totalsocial and it is hosted by Helene and Sarah. So I am going to share what I do for my 9 to 5 job. I really enjoy getting to know what bloggers do all day when they aren't blogging. Here's what I do!
Venus Trapped in Mars

I work in a small real estate office with my mom, which is awesome. I sit in a cubicle from 9-5 Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. It is a major bummer working every single weekend but with my school schedule it's really, really nice that my job is flexible. 

Some of my duties include:
-Setting showings for homes
-Answering phones
-Scanning closed files (see picture below)
-Creating and uploading routine inspections
-Social Media
-I also edit our offices real estate television show which is a big task. 
And pretty much anything else anyone in the office needs from me. 

                (This is my monthly scanning, sometimes it gets pretty piled up!)

Our office is very small, about 10 people including myself and the agents. The best part about my job is that I get to work with my mom, we get along so amazingly that this is a perfect situation for us. On the weekends it is just me though and sometimes it gets really lonely but I stay busy with setting appointments. Spring/Summer is definitely the most busy for us. 

While I'm working toward my college degree to become a teacher this is a great job for me. I have already gained so much knowledge and experience. Some people say sitting all day from 9-5 is an easy task and I am here to say that it is not. Some days are mind numbing but I'll tell you; every day my back and butt are numb. I do miss working with kids where I am up and moving around, because sitting all day is really awful on my posture. 

So what do you do for your 9-5?





Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At June 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Brittany Rasmussen said...

Oh thats awesome your job works so well with your school schedule. I had some similar types of jobs during college, but you're right-all day every day in a cube is not an easy thing!

 
At June 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Suzzie Vehrs said...

That's awesome that you get to work with your mom! I agree about the office being tough on your body, I'm in a chair all day too. Oh well, it pays the bills right? So worth it.

 
At June 18, 2014 at 10:53 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Definitely! I do love working with her, makes the day a lot better!

 
At June 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I am very thankful that they work with my schooling! A lot of people try and tell me that it must be easy but sitting still all day is hard.

 
At June 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Helene in Between said...

That's so nice that you get to work with your mom! how wonderful!

 
At June 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

It is awesome because we can help each other and encourage each other when needed! Thanks for stopping by.

 
At June 19, 2014 at 6:27 AM , Blogger crazyperfectlife said...

I work in a small office with my dad and I absolutely love it! It's so nice seeing family through out the day! It will be weird when I get a different job and I don't see my dad anymore!

 
At June 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Isn't it the best?? I know I feel exactly the same way because it's so comforting!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home