<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Bishop Wedding Part 2: The Ceremony

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bishop Wedding Part 2: The Ceremony

We really could not have asked for a more beautiful day to get married. It was sunny and 75 outside which was really just perfect. When we were searching for our venue, we found this one because it's actually right down the road from where I work. We ended up choosing it because we wanted outdoor/indoor space. I liked that we could do the ceremony and reception there and it was beautiful for pictures as well.



As for decorations at the ceremony site, we kept it simple with pink and white rose petals scattered down the isle and I had an obsession with curly willow (you'll see it incorporated in our centerpieces), so we had it added on the arch with fresh flowers on top.



I did my bridal portraits and pictures with my sisters and mom before the ceremony (which I will share in another post) so there wasn't so much waiting time after the ceremony for our guests. As time came close for the ceremony to start, I was hidden away to not be seen until 5pm. Then it was time to get married! 

My mom walked me down the isle, it was the best decision for me. She's my best friend, the one who raised me, and I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it. I walked down the isle to "A Thousand Years"




This was the first time Joe and I were seeing each other, and I was so happy we waited until that very moment to see each other. 

The ceremony itself was very quick, but perfect. Our officiant read the most beautiful prayer at the opening of the ceremony that put an ease in my mind because I was very nervous.

I had no idea how fast the ceremony would feel, it goes by so fast. The only part I didn't love... for about half the ceremony there was a bee on Joe's boutonniere. If anyone knows me, they know that I freak out if I am anywhere near a bee. So it was really hard to just stand still and keep focused, not to mention my soon to be husband is allergic to said bee. Thankfully it flew away and left us alone after that. Just the things you get with an outdoor wedding. The rest of the ceremony was so perfect. All of the worries about everything being set up or all of the little details didn't matter at this point. 



Finally, we exchanged rings and were announced as husband and wife!


I'll be back next week to share more about our big day - bridal party / bride and groom pictures!


Previous wedding day posts:




BorrowedHeaven





Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 17, 2014 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Meg Taylor said...

We waited until the ceremony to see each other, too, and I am so happy we did!! There was so much real emotion and we were just so happy to see each other. I love all of the rose petals!! What a beautiful day to get married. Thanks for linking up with us!!

 
At December 17, 2014 at 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It is so funny that 1- you know what curly willow is called & 2- you love it. I despise it haha. It looks beautiful but putting it up at weddings is my worst nightmare, and transporting it is a huge pain too. Working for a wedding florist has ruined several beautiful things for me ;) I can't wait to see more.

 
At December 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Elizabeth McMullen said...

This was beautiful! Your ceremony looked breathtaking! I blogged about my first look today on my blog, my husband didn't see me before but I saw him... the look on his face when he saw me walk in was beautiful!
Beardy Heart Beauty

 
At December 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

We waited until the ceremony to see each other as well! I love it when people go old school in that regard. Can't wait to read more!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home