<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: New Traditions.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

New Traditions.

I don't know about you, but I am so excited for the upcoming holidays. I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and then the madness of Black Friday and Christmas shopping starts. I love buying the perfect gifts for my family, but sometimes it makes shopping overwhelming. Now that Joe and I are married and my other sisters are grown, my family decided to do something different this year for Christmas gifts..



This year we are doing a secret Santa with our family. I'm excited to do something new and fun this year. I have also been hunting on Pinterest for some new Christmas traditions that Joe and I can start this year and years to come.

I'm the kind of person that loves Black Friday, not about getting the best thing or fighting with someone over an awesome deal though. It's just been a tradition to go out with Joe and my sisters and even if we don't find much it's so much fun. We always put our Christmas tree up on the Friday after Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to putting that up!

It's such an awesome feeling to know that soon enough (no, not yet) we will start our own family and get to make new traditions. 

Next month marks Joe and I being a couple for five years and getting engaged last year. We have a lot to be thankful for and I can't wait to keep old traditions, and start new ones.

This holiday season I want to...

Bake a lot. Pinterest has me pinning alll of the sweets.

Decorate Christmas cookies.

Take late night drives to see all of the Christmas lights.

Revisit the Christmas Town event where Joe and I got engaged last year.

Celebrate being a couple for five years.

Watch Christmas movies with hot cocoa. ALL the time.

Buy each other pajamas to exchange on Christmas eve and wear.

Donate toys or clothes to people who need some uplifting.

Send out Christmas cards as a married couple. Still need to do this ASAP!


I hope you all get to spend the day with your families tomorrow! Have an amazing Thanksgiving! What are your plans for the holidays? Are you doing anything new or different to start traditions? 




Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 26, 2014 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I have also been thinking a lot about traditions and even though we aren't married yet I want to have our 'things' that we always do during Christmas time. We are going to see a play which I am really excited about but other than that I'm not quite sure. MY family doesn't Chrsitmas big so most of our plans will be with them. We are heading to Thanksgiving with my fiance's family tonight!

 
At November 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secret santa is a great idea! We are moving everything ahead this year because of some stuff going on in the middle of December, and decorating our house tonight! I can't wait :)

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home