<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: How I Wash My Makeup Brushes

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How I Wash My Makeup Brushes

When you have OCD like I do, you tend to think about a lot of things more often than you should. For instance, I have stick to my cleaning routine every week and this includes washing my makeup brushes. These dirty things touch our face every single day, and carry so much bacteria. I know, what a pleasant blog post. I hope you find it useful though because I recently changed up my bush washing regimen and love it so of course I'm here to share. 

how to clean makeup brushes


What you'll need:

Dirty brushes
Olive Oil
Baby shampoo/dish soap or whatever you prefer
2 small bowls

What I do:

I mix about a tablespoon of olive oil in with about 5 tablespoons of baby shampoo into a bowl. The one I found on Pinterest said to mix equal parts of oil with soap, but I found that too much oil made it very hard to get rid of the oil and it made my makeup weird for a few days. So I use less.

I then fill up the second bowl with warm water.

I take a dirty brush and first run it under warm water and swirl around the first bowl with the soap/oil mixture. Swirl around the bottom of the bowl for about 15-20 seconds. I will then cup the palm of my hand and swirl it around the palm of my hand to get any deep makeup out of there, and then do the same thing in the second bowl of water. If the brush is still dirty, I dip back in the first bowl until clean. I'll then run the brush under warm water to get everything off and then gently press the excess water out and reshape the brush.

how to clean makeup brushes

Once I'm done with all of the brushes I store them facing down overnight in a clean towel to let all of the water drip out of them. If you store upright it will deteriorate the glue in the handles of the brushes.

That's it! I like using the tiny bit of olive oil in with my baby shampoo because it really makes my brushes soft and gets them clean.

beauty blender clean

I also use this mixture for my beauty blender and as you can see, it gets it completely clean.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Ashley Stephenson said...

Oh I am so bad at washing my make up brushes. I have been meaning to get a second pair of them so I will wash them more often!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to wash my brushes, I am just way too lazy. I also need a beauty blender!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This post makes me really think of how bad I need to wash my brushes!!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home