<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Weekend Recap: Our Las Vegas Trip

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weekend Recap: Our Las Vegas Trip

Well...we're back from our weekend trip to Las Vegas. I always get so sad when we go to visit, mostly because I still consider it home and because I miss living in the dry climate. I figured I would recap our trip since we had the best time.

FRIDAY | I was eager to get on the road pretty early, driving across the desert around 10 in the morning it was already 102 degrees! We finally made it and decided to eat lunch before we went to check into our hotel. We ate at Yard House on the Linq promenade, which I highly recommend visiting if you are ever on the strip. We we're both too scared to ride the high roller wheel but we were able to admire it anyway. I also had to stop and get a red velvet cupcake from Sprinkles. P.S I had NO idea that the circle decorations on top are actually plastic, I bit into the cupcake and almost chipped a tooth! Not so smart... but the cupcake was the best I've ever had!

linq high roller las vegas

sprinkles cupcake las vegas

We we're both beat from the drive so we just decided to hang around the hotel the rest of the night. We gambled a bit, and of course we didn't win anything but we did get free drinks. We went to the pool and lounged around until we decided to relax in the most comfortable king size bed ever.

SATURDAY | After getting an amazing nights rest, we got ready and spent the morning with our family friends. It was so nice being able to visit, but honestly it made me really sad not to live near them anymore. In the afternoon we headed to the strip again. When we lived in Vegas we never really went to the strip because we lived about 20 minutes away and it's way too crowded but since we we're visiting we decided to make the most of it. Plus, I love the Bellagio fountains and the shopping really is the best. We shopped, gambled a little more, had a Fat Tuesday, visited the conservatory, and watched the fountains before heading to a late night dinner. I actually have blisters on my feet from all of the walking we did on this day!

bellagio las vegas

fat tuesday

bellagio fountains

bellagio las vegas

SUNDAY | Sadly, we woke up early to check out of our hotel. It was only about 45 minutes into our journey home that we hit dead stopped traffic due to an accident. We ended up getting off of the freeway at the California/Nevada state line to try and wait it out. Thankfully it cleared up and we finally made it home around five in the evening.

Coming home from vacation is always hard, but we missed our dog so that made coming home a little easier.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home