<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: A few things about summer

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A few things about summer

Summer is not my favorite season...at all. In fact I really hate the heat. Here in California, Summer weather is already in full force and yesterday we topped out at 105 degrees. Let's just say I'm thankful I work in an air conditioned building. I know that summer is hyped up because it's a time where kids get breaks from school, but I work and I'm in college so that doesn't matter to me. But there are a few things I like..



Farmers markets and better produce in general. Pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, cherries. All of the fruit. Plus walking around the farmers market is a fun cheap date night idea and I love the fun stuff you can find at the farmers market.

Only taking one summer class. Hopefully this means more time for blogging.

Fourth of July. Who doesn't love good drinks, fireworks, BBQ, and America?

Vacation time. Joe finally gets to use his vacation time which is why we are heading to Vegas at the end of the month. We need to get ourselves to the beach or lake this summer though.

Any chance to sit by a pool, lake, or ocean.

Victorias Secret Semi-Annual sale. Which I will need to shop sometime this week.

Shaved ice booths.

Now that I've shared the nicer things about summer..here's why it's my least favorite season. 

The things this weather does to my hair. Not okay.

Having absolutely no desire to use my oven because it will in fact make my house 100 times hotter.

I sunburn way too easy. Plus I don't want skin cancer, so I slather on the SPF.

The malls and Target being so much busier and filled with small children. When it's over the hundred degree mark, people tend to find somewhere cool to hang out and that just so happens to mean my Target. It is packed all. day.

Burning my legs on my seat in the car, my hands on the steering wheel and seat belt.

I don't feel like sweating from just walking to my car. If I'm gonna sweat, it's gonna be on my own terms. Not when we're going on a dinner date.

Oh..and always having to make sure my legs are shaved.

Okay, I'll stop now. What are some of your favorite / least favorite things about summer?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love basically everything about summer, so I can't really list all of those things. One thing I do hate is the bugs, not my cup of tea. My favorite thing about summer is the 4th of July though, it's the best!

 
At June 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Ooh bugs are another thing, not okay haha. I love 4th of July too, it's so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home