<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Wedding Guests: Do's and Don'ts

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wedding Guests: Do's and Don'ts

I miss doing Wedding Wednesday posts so much! Planning our wedding was my hobby the majority of last year and I loved it. I meant to write a post on etiquette for wedding guests a long time ago but never did! These are all things that I personally experienced, or thought would be useful to someone going to a wedding soon.


DO:

RSVP on time! This was a huge pain for me. We of course pay for these RSVP's with the paid postage for a reason, so please send them back. Don't text the bride that you'll be there, she has enough going on that it's better just to see it in writing. Plus, then she will know if you are bringing a guest and your food option.

Show up on time. This was a huge problem for our wedding day. We were ready to start the ceremony when someone ran in and told us we had to wait because someone had to run somewhere but they will be right back. Needless to say, I was't pleased. Show up early and find a spot; the bride and groom will be thankful.

Stay for the reception. It was sad to see how many people came to our wedding and only managed to stay for dinner before any of the fun parts of our reception. The newlyweds and their families have put a lot of time and effort into the reception, so stay to celebrate and enjoy it!

Pay attention to the dress code if there is one. It's just polite. I didn't mind what people wore as long as it wasn't flip flops, tank tops, and jeans. People still showed up in them anyway, and I didn't care much, but it's just nice to follow the bride's lead.

Use the hashtag! I had so much fun looking through our hashtag after our wedding, it helped me get get through until we had our professional photos back.

Don't:

Bring a date if it wasn't specified on your RSVP to do so. If anything, I would say ask the bride if it is important to you but never just assume and show up with someone.

Text the bride a few days before her wedding canceling on her. I had a "friend" text me to say that they couldn't make it to my wedding a couple of days prior because of work. The food was paid for, the seating chart was finished, and it was hurtful that my friend didn't request this day off months ago.

Use your phone during the ceremony, especially if the couple specifically requests not to do so. I can't imagine who you would need to text in the middle of a ceremony that couldn't wait until after so just don't do it!


ToTravelandBeyond


I'm sure I missed something, but these are things that really stand out to me. What are some of your rules for weddings?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Meg Taylor said...

We had a couple of people RSVP with an extra person, and we just didn't know what to do, so we just let them come haha. These are such great pieces of etiquette! Thanks so much for linking up with Macy and me for Wedding Wednesday this week!

 
At July 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Becca said...

We had an "unplugged" ceremony, specifically asking our guests not to use their own cameras or phones of any sort during the actual ceremony. We paid a photographer for that. We did encourage the social media posting beforehand, and during the reception, though! It's super frustrating when people bail last minute (unless there's a really legit reason), or all of a sudden realize they can't stay for the reception.

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home