<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Christmas Cracker Toffee

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Cracker Toffee

christmas cracker toffee




AKA Christmas Crack. This stuff is hands down one of the most delicious things I had in a very long time. It's not safe in my house (because I will eat it all) so I am forcing myself to send some over to my family's houses to resist. The Christmas season for me means a lot of baking. It's one of my most favorite things to do and sharing sweet treats with my friends and family makes me really happy.

This is one of my favorite recipes because I literally had everything in my kitchen, and you just might too. It requires very little time, so it's great for a last minute holiday party.

What you need:

2 Sticks of unsalted butter (1 Cup)

1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar

1 1/2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

1 1/2 -2 Sleeves of Saltine Crackers

Cooking Spray

How to make it:

-Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
-Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
-Line up all of the saltine crackers to fill the entire sheet.
-Place your butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan and heat on medium until boiling, while stirring.
-Place the heat on low and cook about 4 minutes, still stirring occasionally. Be very careful during this step not to burn it. Once it is thickening, it is done.
-Pour the mixture over the crackers and spread out evenly.
-Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until it is bubbling.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and then pour the chocolate chips on top of everything and let sit until they melt.
-Spread the chocolate chips evenly with a butter knife.
- Place the whole pan in the fridge to cool for about 1-1/2 hours.
-Break apart the toffee with your hands and store in the fridge!
If you have sprinkles or chopped nuts you can place them on top to be more festive as well.







This would be great to bring to anyone during the holidays, even as a gift. It's that good!



I hope you enjoy!




Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home