<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Week One of Online Blogger Bible Study.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Week One of Online Blogger Bible Study.

This past week Brittany and a group of ladies, including myself started an online bible study. We are reading "The Modern Girls Guide To Bible Study" It is written by Jen Hatmaker who is hilarious and truthful, it makes this book so easy and fun to read!

online bible study "a modern girls guide to bible study"


I wanted to be involved in this study for so many reasons. One being that I work weekends and I work, and go to school during the week. I do not have a local church that I attend, I did in Las Vegas and loved it. We haven't found one that fits us, and it makes it hard to attend when you work all day on Sunday. I need this study to stay committed, to learn, and to grow. I love the fact that I am finding so many other bloggers in the midst of it also!

I was lucky to get partnered up with a really great girl named Katie, we are both pretty busy girls but we exchange emails and try and encourage one another. She is so sweet, and I am so happy to be paired with her.

It wasn't until around the third day; chapter 3 that I started getting the most out of the book. I hadn't been journaling or participating in the study guide. After I started journaling along with the readings I felt so much more fulfilled. It completely clicked for me when Jen made a reference about taking a phone message and actually writing down the message, as apposed to saying "go ahead, I'll just remember." When we write things down we are actually engaged and thinking. She even has a section on what questions to ask yourself and journal about which is really helpful for me.

I am excited for this next week, being more dedicated and engaged!

Link up on Brittany's blog if you are involved in the study as well.

Happy Is A Choice






 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home