<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: I said yes to the dress!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I said yes to the dress!

Friday night my mom, sisters, and I set an appointment at David's Bridal to try on wedding gowns, and to look for bridesmaids dresses. I thought this would just be us trying on dresses to get an idea of what I want. Who knew that after trying on only three dresses I would have found the one I loved!

gown shopping


Trying on dresses is hard work people! First off you're being looked at by every single person in a 50 foot vicinity, you have to manage to get this bra on that literally snaps up your entire back, you're trying on dresses that's roughly 2-4 sizes bigger than you normally wear, and you and a wedding gown associate are shoved in a dressing room trying to get this dress on you.

I had picked out two that I thought I would really love, and the associate picked an additional one that she thought I would like. After trying on the first one, it was just okay. Nothing special, and it didn't feel like it was "the one".

                      (This just was not the one, I wasn't a fan of the bow)


I decided to try on the one the lady helping us picked out..and it was beautiful. I could tell on my family's face that they loved it before I could even turn around to see it. I knew it was the one. It fit me so perfectly, minus the chest area sadly but that's with any dress for me. And it was on sale, only until Monday! I tried on one more dress after just to make sure, but nothing felt as special as the second one. So I put back on the "one" and we did the David's Bridal ceremony where I make a wish and say yes to the dress! I know that this is the dress I can see myself marrying Joe in and loving the way it looks! I am so, so excited!


No pictures of the actual dress yet, I don't want Joe snooping to see it before the wedding!




How many dresses did you try on after finding the one?



I linked up for Wedding Wednesday!

Love Always Nancy J

Wedding Wednesday


Labels: , , , , , ,

24 Comments:

At March 19, 2014 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pictures of it! When the day comes : )

 
At March 19, 2014 at 7:30 AM , Blogger And So I Did said...

That's so exciting! I remember finding my dress. I probably tried on ten dresses, and when I put mine on, it was love at first sight! I only took my mom to try on dresses and her face told me as much as mine did. :) I still love it and wish I could wear it again!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Victoria said...

I just got engaged, this has made me SO excited to try on wedding dresses

www.victoriabeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

 
At March 19, 2014 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Kristyn said...

YAH for finding your dress. I found mine early on too! It is such a great feeling to finally have your dress picked out! Congrats.

Thanks for linking up!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Katie said...

oh, I love this! congratulations! that is so exciting that you found your dress :)

 
At March 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found the dress I want yesterday and I cannot wait to get the sample. I can't wait to see yours!

Maria @ Tulle
http://tulleandpearls.blogspot.com/

 
At March 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

Thanks for linking up and so happy you've found your dress!!!! I couldnt tell you how many I tried on but I probably visited 7-8 dress shops and ended up trying on the dress I got twice before I ordered it!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Annessa said...

Congrats, so exciting! I went to David's Bridal just to try on dresses, too. I was surprised at the selection they had, it was way more than I had thought. Ultimately I got my dress at the second place I visited, I was expecting to have to try a lot more places! When you know you know ;)

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I know, I wanted so badly to just post it on my blog. But it does need to be altered and it'll be more special to wait!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:33 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Trying on dresses is a tough job! I can't believe you tried on ten! you're pictures are so pretty!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

It is sooo exciting! Congratulations, it is such a fun time!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Katie! I was so happy!!

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting! I love reading other wedding planning posts, it makes me even more excited.

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:35 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Meredith! Wow, that is a lot of dress shops! I was just so happy I found it.

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I feel the same way. I just knew! How exciting that you found yours too! When is your date?

 
At March 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM , Blogger daniela said...

Everyone says this is the part I should be most excited about but it's actually the one I'm most afraid of. I have such a hard time making decisions and I'm so worried that I won't find "the one" but just the "almost one" that I'll always wonder if I should have kept looking...

 
At March 20, 2014 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Morgan Sparks said...

YAY!! Congratulations on finding the dress! So exciting! Also, your getting married on my birthday! :)

 
At March 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see it!!

 
At March 21, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Mary said...

How exciting!!! My dress is also something the consultant picked out! So fun!!

 
At March 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I thought that too, but I honestly think you wont even hesitate when you know you love one!

 
At March 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you! Oh wow, That's my co-workers birthday too. I cant wait!

 
At March 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I cant wait to wear it again hahah!

 
At March 22, 2014 at 9:22 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I guess they really do know what they are doing!

 
At May 14, 2014 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

So glad you found it! It's so exciting and can check that off your list!
I think my consultant picked out mine too. I tried on a total of 7-10 dresses? But I tried on the chosen one 3 times. It was meant to be! haha

Showered With Design

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home