<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Wedding Planning #1

Monday, March 3, 2014

Wedding Planning #1

Hi friends!

I decided since becoming engaged that I wanted to share my wedding planning process, ideas, or whatever crazy things are going on until our wedding date. I am obviously new to planning a wedding, so feel free to share tips and advice! I have been obsessed with reading other wedding planning blogs and posts too!

Today for my first post on this subject I wanted to share my to-do list! I am a bit obsessed with lists and checking things off of them. I have one in my DIY wedding planning binder (this will be my next post in this series)

This is just my overall major to-do-list as of now, I'm sure I'll find more things I need to do in the months to come.

We just put down our deposit and secured our date for our wedding ceremony and reception! That was our major step, and now that it is finally done I cannot wait to start planning!
  • Set the date
  • Book our wedding and reception venue
  • Make wedding page or website
  • Book photographer
  • Take engagement pictures (next month in June we will)
  • Order and send out Save the Dates
  • Register Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Kohls
  • Try on and buy wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses
  • Groom and groomsmen tuxes/shoes
  • Cake tasting and booking
  • Choose linens and decorations with venue
  • Get my rings resized
  • Finalize guest list   
  • Rent arch for ceremony
  • Book DJ or PA System
  • Book our ceremony officiant
  • Buy wedding shoes and jewelry
  • Book makeup artist & hair stylist (In the process)
  • Hair and makeup trial
  • Purchase wedding band for Joe
  • Mail invitations
  • Meeting with caterer to pick out menu  
  • Ceremony and reception music selections
  • Buy bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts
  • Candy bar and decoration shopping.
  • Make décor (pinterest) for wedding and reception
  • Book Hotel Room 
  • Marriage license
  • Order and send out thank you cards (After)


I will be crossing these off as I go and be updating everyone on our progress! If you are engaged and blog, or are on pinterest let me know in the comments!






Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At March 3, 2014 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Morgan Sparks said...

So very exciting!! Enjoy this time as much as possible and try not to stress about the small stuff. Your wedding will be amazing! When is the date?!

 
At March 3, 2014 at 8:44 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thanks so much Morgan! Our wedding date is October 11th!

 
At March 3, 2014 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Yeah for planning it is kind of fun no? Our date is Feb 20th, 2015 so I feel like we have plenty of time :-)

 
At March 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Katie Elizabeth said...

Ahhh enjoy this tim, it goes too fast!! I got married last summer and planning is half the fun :)

 
At March 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! This is too exciting!! You should look into Postable.com and Zola.com. Wish I lived in Cali, I could help since I am in the process of starting a wedding planning business now!! :)

 
At March 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Oh it's been so much fun! We just went to a cake tasting last night and that was obviously so much fun!!

 
At March 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I know I wish you did too! I have a feeling we'd get along so great! Thanks for the websites, I'm always looking for new resources!!

 
At March 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Yes it is a lot of fun! That is perfect amount of time to get everything all planned!

 
At March 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

the checklist is important it really helped me not forget anything! October weddings rock :)

 
At March 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I am obsessed with all things weddings. Fun fact: I've wanted to be a wedding planner/bridal consultant before. I am excited to read your wedding posts :)

 
At May 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

Love all things wedding related, come join my wedding bloggers connect !


xoxo

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home