<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Summer Readings

Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Readings

On my summer bucket list I put to read more books since I would have only one class for summer school. I love reading in the evenings when I'm winding down, or just need to get my mind off of anything stressful. So far this summer I have finished two books with a third on the way.


P.S - Two of these books are from John Green, I am determined to read all of his books because I loved the Fault In Our Stars and Looking for Alaska so so much.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (Young Adult) | I thought this book was cute, but probably my least favorite John Green book I have read. It was a little hard to relate to the character and I felt there were some slow parts. 3.5/5

"When it comes to relationships, everyone has a type. Colin Singleton’s type is girls named Katherine. He has dated–and been dumped by–19 Katherines. In the wake of The K-19 Debacle, Colin–an anagram-obsessed washed-up child prodigy–heads out on a road trip with his overweight, Judge Judy- loving friend Hassan. With 10,000 dollars in his pocket and a feral hog on his trail, Colin is on a mission to prove a mathematical theorem he hopes will predict the future of any relationship (and conceivably win the girl)" Summary from John Green's website. 

Paper Towns by John Green (YA) | This book kept me reading and reading. I was really intrigued the entire time. This book wasn't just about a love story it also was very mysterious. It made me want to go on an adventure! Paper Towns is now being turned into a movie and I would just love to play the roll of Margo. I highly recommend this book. 4.7/5

"Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life–dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge–he follows. After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues–and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew." Summary from John Green's website

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (YA) | I am currently 6 chapters in so far and I really like it. I like that the chapters go back and forth between Eleanor and Park's perspective. I can't rate the book yet, but so far I am enjoying it!

"Set over the course of one school year in 1986, Eleanor & Park is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under." Summary from rainbowrowell.com

After finishing my current book, I am going to start Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green.


What are you reading this summer? Any recommendations would be great!




Summer Reading Linkup


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to read Eleanor & Park as well as Paper Towns! Looks like I will be buying both :)

 
At July 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rainbow Rowell has done no wrong in my opinion. I can't wait for her latest book!

 
At July 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Jenn, hellorigby.com said...

I really enjoyed Eleanor and Park - glad you're liking it so far! I've been meaning to read something else by John Green and Paper Towns sounds like a good one!

 
At July 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

You should! Let me know what you think too.

 
At July 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I am loving it so far, I can't wait to read more!

 
At July 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

It really is so far! Paper Towns is really good for a fun read.

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home