<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: The Wedding Party

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Wedding Party

I feel like every single week I am going to repeat the words "I can't believe how close we are" and I mean it. I am shocked every time I look at the date and realize that in just a couple of months I get to marry my best friends in front of our closest friends and family. 

If you didn't already know, we're having a pretty small wedding compared to others.When you move away from your hometown where we live currently for seven years, lets just say you don't stay in touch with too many people. Neither Joe or I have big families, but honestly that's okay with me. I don't personally want 200 people that don't know us or make an attempt to be more than acquaintances attending our wedding. We have friends and family from out of state that may not be able to make it, and that's the sad part for me. 

Since our wedding will be around 50-60 guests we are keeping our wedding party very small. We both agreed on two people each. My bridesmaids will be my two sisters who just so happen to be two of my best friends as well. 


Another thing that we are doing in our wedding that may be different is that I plan on having my mom walk me down the isle. I know it's typical for the father to do this, but I feel like it should be whoever you feel in your heart to do this part. The person who raised me my entire life and who has been my best friend since day one is my mom.  

P.S The next wedding post will be all about our invitations! Since they are finally sent out, I cannot wait to share. 


Did you do anything different on your wedding day,if so how did it turn out?



NC Belle In Boots



Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is really sweet that you are having your mom walk you down the isle, I plan on having my mom and dad. It's your wedding, and you have the right to do it all exactly how you want to! Can't wait for next weeks post :)

 
At July 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Blake's Everyday Adventures said...

I love small weddings! They are more intimate. I know some people invite hundreds of people -- I don't even know that many people! haha

 
At July 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Definitely! I think that is sweet to do both!

 
At July 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I honestly don't know that many people either! I guess I would have to invite friends of friends or old family friends but I just want my people there!

 
At August 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I love that your mom is going to talk you down the aisle! My sister wanted to do the same thing at her wedding, but... well....let's just say that didn't work out.

 
At August 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thanks! I still haven't told my dad, but I'm sure he knows this is happening.

 
At August 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cute! My sister will also be my bridesmaid :)

Are you not having a maid of honor or are they both going to be your MOH?

 
At August 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

My sister Connie will be my MOH, she's planning my bridal shower this month!

 
At August 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Katie said...

That is sweet that you are having your mom do it. Yay for it being so close!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home