<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: Wedding Wednesday | Invitations

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wedding Wednesday | Invitations

Happy hump day all. It's AUGUST! Only two more months! Now that the invitations are officially out of my hands and into our friends and families, I can finally share the details of our invitations and RSVP's. 

After debating and pretty much being dead set on using Wedding Paper Divas as our vendor for invitations I changed my mind, and for good reason. Since we are having a small wedding we only needed to order about 50 invitations because most of the people coming were couples or families. When you order a smaller amount of invitations the price actually increases on each individual invite and RSVP card. After realizing that the invitations I had my heart set on would cost 4+ dollars each and then another 2-3 dollars for each response card I knew I needed to find an alternative. 

I felt as if spending about 6+ dollars on each invitation was a bit much considering we still had to mail them and put stamps on the RSVP's. I'm on a budget y'all. Plus I know for a fact that the extra saved money could go to much better use. 

I also wasn't pleased that WPD doesn't offer personal customization without an extra cost. I knew after searching on Etsy that it was the way to go. I found a really great shop called from Britni at "papernpeonies".  I just had to pay for the template and then also for printing/shipping of course and then she took charge and we conversed about all the little details and wording. She had the option to only pay for the template and print your self but after the problems I had with our save the dates, I wanted a professional to do it. She printed, cut, and shipped everything with the envelopes for a great price. 


etsy wedding invitations

When I received the box I was so impressed with the quality of the shipping and how fast everything came together!

Tips for the RSVP cards:

I used my wedding notebook and dedicated a page to numbering each family being invited starting with number 1 and ending with however many invites are being sent out also adding the number of people that are being invited from each family. We then put the same number on the bottom corner of the RSVP with the filled in number of people being invited so there will be no confusion (for us and for them).
Example:
1. Smith family (2 invited)
2. Andrew family (4 invited)






P.S - I'm glad I checked with the post office before adding the twine around each invitation. If you plan on adding any weight to the invitation check with the post office to check if you need to add extra postage. 



What do you think? Where did you get your invitations from, and how did they turn out?


Wedding Wednesday



Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At August 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look amazing!!! I am so happy you were able to find them for a better price, I really am dying for your wedding to get here!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Morgan Sparks said...

SO cute!! Your day will be here before you know it!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Those are so cute! I ended up designing my own invitations which saved a lot of money!

 
At August 6, 2014 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

One more thing, I put baking twine around my invites and it didn't cause the postage to go up. You can try it on one and then go weigh your envelope at the 24/7 kiosk (so you don't have to wait in line).

 
At August 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love your invitations, they look great! I'm sure this two months is going to fly, enjoy it! :]

 
At August 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you so much! I was so happy too, I cannot wait!

 
At August 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Morgan!! I bet these last couple of months will fly by.

 
At August 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I tried my twine but they said because of the buldge they would charge extra I should have used baking twine! Thanks so much, saving money is important and I'm glad we found a way to!

 
At August 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Jessica! I bet it will because this past year has flown by already!

 
At August 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Mary said...

These are beautiful! I went with something simple from http://www.theamericanwedding.com/ because WPD and Minted were out of budget for us, too. How awesome that you found a great etsy shop!

 
At August 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thanks so much Mary! I have never heard of that website, I had no idea what I was even doing when looking for invitations! Thank you for stopping by!

 
At August 16, 2014 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Kasi Zlochevski said...

Those are beautiful invitations! It must be so hard to make a decision about invitations because there are so many options out there.

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home