<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vivianbishop.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
VivianBishopxo: A prelude to our wedding.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A prelude to our wedding.


I cannot believe I am finally married! What a crazy past few days it has been! I have no idea where to even start with these blog posts. I don't have the professional pictures yet, so I can't really re-cap or share the details quite yet. I just can't wait to share our special day with you all, but I guess there are some other things that I would probably benefit from getting off my chest..

Weddings are not all they are cracked up to be. I am so beyond thankful for Joe and if I wasn't sure a week ago (I was) I sure would be now, that I 100% married the right person. 

With weddings comes a lot of cost, pressure, and ups and downs. But never in all the nights that I stayed up panicking did I imagine just how cruel and mean people can be. Not just people, but family

Friday night; yes, the night before our wedding - I received some really upsetting news from my dad that turned our supposed to be girls night in with my mom and sisters into sadness, anger, and tears. I only bring this up now because I can't pretend that everything was exactly how I imagined. I won't go into details of course, but I think I got maybe three hours of sleep the night before. 

After drying my eyes and finally calming down we had people asking to come and bring extra people two hours before the wedding. Talk about stress..

The point that it really clicked for me that no one else mattered and this was OUR day was when our officiant prayed over our marriage. She spoke about how the person we were holding will be the one to wipe away tears and who will be here until the very end; Joe knew this very well from the night before. That night I had to put all of my anger and sadness away no matter how hard people tried to push me. Note: Someone made fun of the way I was standing during the ceremony... I think I prayed my way through the night to give me grace, and to get through it with a smile. 

I cannot forget to mention all of the amazing from the night, though! Once certain people left, everything was perfect. We had people there who genuinely love and care for Joe and I. These people helped the planning of this wedding for months and they lifted my spirits when I really needed it most. Joe, was my saving grace, he kept me calm and made me laugh even when I wanted to cry. That is what a wedding is about, anyway. 

This post is the prelude to the happiness of the wedding. I wanted to get this out of the way before I share everything else. There are so many happy things and thoughts from that night that I want to spew out all over this page, but I will wait until I have the pictures to back it up. 

Although I am sad it's over, I am just so happy to be married and start this new life as a wife and everything that comes with it!!




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

20 Comments:

At October 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to see that you had such a bad few days leading up to your wedding! They say a wedding really shows a certain side of people though, it's a shame. In the end, like you said, you are married to your very best friend! Have I mentioned that I can't wait to see all of your pictures!! ;)

p.s. that dress is amazingggg haha

 
At October 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Kristyn said...

We had family drama as well, and while it didn't happen the night before our wedding, it did happen. And I think that it happens a lot more than people talk about. I don't know what happened to you the day before, but just know that the wedding weekend really should be all about you and your marriage. All the crap that happens before that is crap. And as hard as it is to remember - remember that. :)

I cant wait to see all about your wedding day and read all the details!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

So sad you had to deal with drama on your big weekend, but it sounds like you were surrounded by the right people during that time to help you through it. Cannot wait to see/hear everything about your big day!!!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Sar said...

So sorry that Friday night was insanely stressful (mixed with worried anticipation), but so thankful that everything turned out alright! Can't wait to see the photos!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Macy. It really does show people and their true colors. It really is a shame because of the person it was but like you said, I am so happy with the people who were there and happy! ;) The dress will be seen again! Mine is so so so dirty now!!!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I thought to myself that this has to happen more often than I think, but I never hear about it. It was for sure crap. I can't say that my feelings aren't still hurt but I am so thankful I could put a smile on my face! Thanks Kristyn!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I think this wedding has really shown how I can rely on for sure. I cannot wait to share the happy parts of the day too!!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 11:05 AM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

It turned out better than expected from the night before. I was pretty sure I was going to cry the whole day, but my family and Joe really put everything into perspective for me!

 
At October 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm sorry to hear that the night before wasn't so great but I'm glad that you were able to eventually push it aside so that you could enjoy yourself. I can't wait to hear about all of the happy parts. :)

 
At October 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM , Blogger crazyperfectlife said...

That has to be the last thing that you want to deal with right before you wedding! But I really can't wait to see all your pictures!!

 
At October 16, 2014 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Lauren @ Lot Forty Eight said...

I hear you girl. I wrote a post about how everything went wrong on my wedding day. And you just have to let it go. It's hard!! http://lotfortyeight.blogspot.com/2014/05/lets-talk-about-your-wedding-day.html

 
At October 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Sorry you had to deal with all of that! Love the picture, though! Can't wait to see more!

 
At October 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Morgan Sparks said...

Oh sweet girl, I'm so sorry that you had to deal with this, especially the night before your very special day! I'm glad that you had your loved ones and that sweet husband of yours there by your side to get you through it. You look beautiful in the picture! I know your wedding day (drama aside) was perfect! I can't wait to read the recaps!

 
At October 16, 2014 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Elizabeth McMullen said...

I dealt with drama too the weekend of our wedding. A lot happened that I still am not over, but you're right...all that matters is I'm married to the man I love!!
Can't wait for recaps!

Beardy Heart Beauty

 
At October 19, 2014 at 12:13 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Morgan! I can't wait to get those pictures in my hands!

 
At October 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Ugh I'm so sorry you had the same experience...it's not fun at all. I'm not either, but I am so thankful for my now husband and family! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At October 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I really did at one point have to put that smile on my face and enjoy the day I had been planning and waiting for!

 
At October 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Definitely not, but I am so thankful we got through it and were able to enjoy ourselves! I can't wait to share.

 
At October 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

I am so thankful for all of you ladies telling me I'm not alone, I hate that it happens to people on their happy special day. I am going to read your post now!

 
At October 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM , Blogger VivianBishopxo said...

Thank you Mary, I really cannot wait to share with you guys.

 

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to each person who takes the time to comment. I typically respond to all comments via email! If you have something else you would like to chat about you can email me: vivianstone12@gmail.com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home